[sustran] Re: Difficulties that Pedestrians andPublic Road Transport face

David Mozer intlbike at ibike.org
Fri Jul 2 00:12:54 JST 2004

For a satirical look at SUV go to www.ibike.org/environment/conquistador.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: sustran-discuss-bounces+intlbike=ibike.org at list.jca.apc.org
[mailto:sustran-discuss-bounces+intlbike=ibike.org at list.jca.apc.org] On
Behalf Of Noel Hodson
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 12:37 AM
To: NewMobilityCafe at yahoogroups.com; Asia and the Pacific sustainable
transport
Cc: indianenvironment at yahoogroups.co.in; Harshad J. Kamdar;
bombaynet at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sustran] Re: [NewMobilityCafe] Difficulties that Pedestrians
andPublic Road Transport face

SUV drivers should be put in chain-gangs and made to fill in all the ruts
they make - by hand. We have an ancient 50 mile long grass road in
Oxfordshire England  called the Icknield Way or the Ridgeway, which is
beautiful to walk or horse-ride along - except for the 2 feet to 5 feet
(1.5metres) deep, muddy tracks carved in the surface by SUV's and 4 by 4's.
Younger, more passionate walkers than I are threatening to disable such
vehicles.

Noel

Noel Hodson
SW2000 Telework Studies
Experts Unlimited - Professional Advice Lines
14 Brookside OXFORD OX3 7PJ UK
Tel +44(0)1865-760994 Fax 769384
Email: noelhodson at btconnect.com <mailto:noelhodson at btconnect.com>
http://www.noelhodson.com <http://www.noelhodson.com/>

Due to Spam, I auto-delete emails with blank or strange SUBJECT lines.
Please complete the SUBJECT box sensibly.