[sustran] Re: Mumbai Metro Proposal

Eric Bruun ericbruun at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 11 03:38:12 JST 2004

Kisan

Underground Metro is the solution to reserve for the very densest parts of the city where it is unrealistic to try to take right-of-way above ground. It is, of course, expensive and takes lots of time.

In the meantime, look at BRT where the roadways are wide enough and queue bypasses where they are not. Also, look at upgrading the commuter rail service. It might be adaptable to higher levels of safety and performance, providing rapid transit at a fraction of the cost.

Eric Bruun