[sustran] On leading edge

Carlos Felipe Pardo cpardo at cable.net.co
Fri Dec 24 10:24:30 JST 2004

I always wondered why people still think about leading edge
technologies, when I guess we’ve found that the supposed “edge” has
brought us more trouble than any other thing. I have to say that I
sometimes dream of speed and technology (basically, they are
materialized in Internet and my laptop), but the bicycle ride to work
every morning (in a congested city, fighting taxis and buses) may prove
more overwhelming than the “leading edge” BMW with ABS, GPS and 0-60 in
5 s.
I hope we all remember that we were born with feet and muscles, and that
it’s very interesting to use them to get from one place to another every
day. Long live usable legs, bicycles and short distances.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year. And happy birthday, just in case.

Carlos F. Pardo
cpardo at cable.net.co
(+573) 00 268 1389
(+571) 310 6218