[sustran] Principal Voices recommendations

EcoPlan, Paris eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Dec 23 17:29:37 JST 2004

Oops. Good. I got your message(s).

Therefore, I will be adding the following names as you have suggested to the
PV shortlist, each with a few judicious lines to help orient them and
hopefully allow them to sort things out for themselves.

• Derek Scrafton, Adelaide

• Michael Meyer, Atlanta

• Mikel Murga, Bilbao

• Wendell Cox, Belleville, Illinois

• Enrique Peñalosa, Bogota

• Martin Strid, Borlange

• Robin Chase, Boston

• Jan Gehl, Copenhagen

• Phil Goodwin, Exeter

• Yngve Westerlund, Gothenburg

• John Whitelegg, Lancaster

• Dave Wetzel, London

• Robert Poole, Los Angeles

• Dinish, Mohan, New Delhi

• Michael A. Replogle, New York

• Peter Wiederkehr, OECD

• Corinne Lepage, Paris

• Denis Baupin, Paris

• Per Homann Jespersen, Roskilde, DK

• Jerry Schneider, Seattle

• Karl Fjellstrom, Surabaya

• Peter Newman, Sydney

• Jane Jacobs, Toronto

• Sue Zielinski, Toronto

• Todd Litman, Victoria

• Ken Orski, Washington, DC

• Rudolf Petersen, Wuppertal

Oh dear yes, I realize that (a) this is starting to be unwieldy, but we can
leave the sorting to them once they have the full list in front of them. And
almost for sure I have missed out on your favorite candidate (maybe you?),
but you still can get them on board if you get back to me before the end of
the day.   As you can see I am trying to do this too fast, but the clock is
ticking.  That said, this gives them quite a fair choice of backgrounds and
approaches, right to left, narrow to broad, engineering to public policy, --
which is what we need to bring into this debate -- but I would very much
hope that political astuteness and tangible on street accomplishment will be
high on their selection criteria.

Last chance to come in with your recommendations on this.

Eric Britton

PS. And yes, it is not only fairer like this, but much more interesting and
useful.  I think what they really should consider doing is to create the
three Voices, and then have an ‘invisible college’ which brings together
whoever of this list might wish to pitch in and at most a handful of others.
Now THAT would be really interesting.  And useful.