[sustran] Re: Information on 'Bike Taxi'

Anil K. Raut ankraut at wlink.com.np
Wed Aug 25 16:22:04 JST 2004

I saw clearly two groups of people on this topic. One for the bike-taxis and another against it. However, both of them lack solid research logic. We are only selling our arguments and observations till now.

Let's keep this debate going for some time (see how far we would go). Now, I am trying to summarise what we have discussed about bike-taxis in last few days. Arguments - for and against it. I will post them after completion. May be we could then lead towards some research on this issue, as mentioned my Jonathan.

At this point, could anyone provide me the history of these bike-taxis? Like; are they operating in these cities from the very beginning or they have been introduced afterwards. There might be some literatures justifying its introduction. It would be very interesting to learn, why they were introduced? There might be some thought on these bike-taxis by the policymakers at that time.

Anticipating some literatures, not just arguments.

Regards,

Anil K. Raut
Anil K. Raut
P. O. Box 8846
Kathmandu, NEPAL
E-mail: ankraut at wlink.com.np; anil at environmentnepal.com.np
Tel: 977-1-4232761 (Res.)/977-9841233941 (Mobile)