[sustran] Re: Information on 'Bike Taxi'

Anil K. Raut ankraut at wlink.com.np
Mon Aug 23 12:07:40 JST 2004

Hello Paul:

Yes, I know there are some confusions regarding my question. I was meant to the 'two-wheeler taxis' common in Bangkok. I am wondering, could these motor-bike taxis play some role in congested streets. I have seen mostly the occupancy of the regular taxi is only one person. If we could divert these customers to the motor-bike taxis, we could avoid congestion as well as the reduce the fuel consumption and also save time (fast riding).

In case of Kathmandu, there is sharp rise in motor-bike number (private) for last some years and I guess this is because of the some of these positive points of motor-bike & cost of course. BUT, I am supporter of the 'mass-transport'. So I am not saying only these motor-bike taxis would be solution, but we could explore its share on public transportation.

Any thoughts??

Regards,

Anil
Anil K. Raut
P. O. Box 8846
Kathmandu, NEPAL
E-mail: ankraut at wlink.com.np; anil at environmentnepal.com.np
Tel: 977-1-4232761 (Res.)/977-9841233941 (Mobile)