[sustran] Re: (fwd) [UTSG] transport strategy transfer

Alan P Howes alan at ourpeagreenboat.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 06:01:29 JST 2004

It's worth noting, Gabby, that in the UK the government is now
restricting funding for new tram/metro schemes because of doubts about
the socio-economic returns, and encouraging bus-based alternatives
instead.

A policy that perhaps would benefit from being transferred?

(Mind you, there has also been a case of a local council effectively
turning down government money to build a busway because they want
trains - which there is little realistic hope of their being able to
fund. Blame local politics!)

Alan

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:14:44 -0700 (PDT), Gabrielle Hermann
<gabbyherm at yahoo.com> wrote to Asia and the Pacific sustainable
transport <sustran-discuss at list.jca.apc.org>, Walter Hook

--
Alan P Howes, Perthshire, Scotland