[sustran] Re: (fwd) [UTSG] transport strategy transfer

Walter Hook whook at itdp.org
Thu Apr 22 22:24:05 JST 2004

i think we developed countries have transferred most of our problems to
developing countries, starting with the automobile and the auto-dominated
highway capacity manual, for example, out of date versions still used
despite very different conditions.  green wave area traffic control signals,
killing a lot more pedestrians, highway overpasses, transferred from
developed world, disrupting transit  and pedestrian and bicycle flows,
metros disrupting bus-based transit systems and trapping countries in
perpetual debts, etc. the big innovations came from curitiba, singapore (now
developed), and china.

w.