[sustran] Re: Gender issues in urban transport

priyanthi.fernando at ifrtd.org priyanthi.fernando at ifrtd.org
Fri Oct 10 02:02:45 JST 2003

Hi Walter

I am surprised that you are not quoting any 'good practice' examples
of gender mainstreaming into urban transport planning from your own
or others experience?  We've been a long time discussing these
issues...

I have the following email address for Kerry Hamilton
k.hamilton at uel.ac.uk

Priyanthi
IFRTD

On 9 Oct 2003 at 12:17, Walter Hook wrote:

> deike peters, now at the technical university of berlin, did a gender
> and transport toolkit for the world bank under the auspices of Michael
> Bamberger.  That would be a good place to start.  IFRTD's web site
> also probably has a lot of materials, and did some publications on the
> topic, though they are more rural in their orientation.  there is also
> some first world work done by kerry hamilton in the UK.  my contact
> info is out of date.
>
> w. hook

Priyanthi Fernando
Executive Secretary, IFRTD
113-114Spitfire Studios,
 63-71 Collier Street
London N1 9BE. United Kingdom
Tel: +44 20 7713 6699
Fax: +44 20 7713 8290
Email: 	priyanthi.fernando at ifrtd.org OR ifrtd at ifrtd.org
Web: www.ifrtd.org

IFRTD provides a framework for collaboration between individuals
and
organisations interested in issues of access & mobility as they affect
the
lives of rural people in developing countries.