[sustran] Re: parking policies

Sujit Patwardhan sujit at vsnl.com
Fri Oct 3 15:54:41 JST 2003

Dear Walter,

I agree with Eric. Only yesterday I looked up Todd Litman's invaluable
website and went through the 22 pages devoted to "Parking".

There is also a 1998, BBC film shown in the PANORAMA programme called
"U-Turn" that describes the change in official perspective from "More
roads" to "TDM" and there are some examples of how "reducing" or
"discouraging" excessive parking areas plays an important part in reducing
"car dependency".

--
Sujit Patwardhan

--