[sustran] History of Bicycle Transportation in Vietnam

Craig August Johnson caj24 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 17 09:34:53 JST 2003

Hello all.
I am interested in finding resources pertaining to the history of bike
transportation in Vietnam.
I have found info about the use of bicycles by Vietnamese at Dien Bien Phu
and the use of bicycles in the American War but nothing that really
explains how bicycles became a dominant mode of transportation in Vietnam.
The only articles I have been able to find about the history of
transporation in Southeast Asia do not deal with transportation in
Vietnam.
Does anyone have any resources that they could direct me to?

Thanks,
Craig Johnson
caj24 at cornell.edu