[sustran] Re: Article in Guardian Newspaper

J.H. Crawford mailbox at carfree.com
Mon Mar 31 06:52:59 JST 2003

>   Still, for the case of US average conditions, 231 buses per PEAK hour
>along a given route is hard to imagine, although I've seen, and counted
>more than that ( in each of two bus lanes in each direction !) in Santiago,
>Chile.

The Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan should see figures
a good deal higher than that at peak hour, I think. Basically,
one lane of the Lincoln Tunnel feeds a continuous stream of
buses into the terminal.

Regards,

Drop Bush
Not Bombs

J.H. Crawford                                           Carfree Cities
mailbox at carfree.com                             http://www.carfree.com