[sustran] Re: Article in Guardian Newspaper

Alan P Howes howes at emirates.net.ae
Sun Mar 30 01:26:09 JST 2003

I'm not sure if Wuppertal is a real monorail either (must look at
those urls) - in fact it could be argued that most monorails are not
"true" monorails, as they mostly have more than one support across
their cross-section. To be a true monorail, it would either need to be
suspended, or be kept upright by gyroscopes (yes, it has been done!).

But perhaps I am being pedantic! My favourite "monorail" was the
Listowel and Ballybunion, which was steam-powered and generated some
amazing anecdotes. Irish, of course.

Cheers, Alan

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 19:30:44 +0530, Debi Goenka <debi at beag.net> wrote
to sustran-discuss at jca.apc.org:

--
Alan Howes, Dubai, UAE (Otherwise Perthshire, Scotland)
alaninthegulf at yahoo.co.uk
Professional website   (Needs Updating!):
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/alanhowes/