[sustran] Re: question

Jean-Michel CUSSET jean-michel.cusset at let.ish-lyon.cnrs.fr
Tue Jan 28 19:25:02 JST 2003

Le 28 Jan 03, à 10:06, matthias mueth a écrit:

dear sustran-discuss members,
vaguely i do remember something about an us-american city, where the (rail-based) public transport systems were bought up by the
automotive industries, to be demolished, in order to push car-sales...
can anybody tell, whether this holds true or is a rumour, which city this was, andwhether there is any quotable information on
this(bibliographical notes)???
thank you very much.
best regards,
matthias mueth
----------------------------
Dear colleagues,dear Mathias,
I read some papers on this question a long time ago. I think there was a paper and reply in the Journal of America Planning
Association in the 70's or 80's. I try to find it again.
In fact there is some literature on this debate (is car industry responsible or not).
Best regards

hamburg/germany

Fotos  -  MSN Fotos das virtuelle Fotoalbum. Allen Freunden zeigen oder einfach online entwickeln lassen: Hier klicken
Jean Michel CUSSET
Directeur de recherche au CNRS
Laboratoire d'Economie des Transports
e-mail : jean-michel.cusset at let.ish-lyon.cnrs.fr
Tél (33) 4 72 72 64 49  fax (33) 4 72 72 64 48