[sustran] Re: Virus on sustran-discuss

Paul Barter geobpa at nus.edu.sg
Tue Jan 14 16:09:44 JST 2003

I don't yet know if our system can block attachments.  But I have asked
the people at JCA networks about this and am awaiting their reply. In
the meantime (and always) please observe all the usual precautions.

By the way, for some time I have been toying with the idea of moving the
whole thing to one of the commercial services like Yahoo groups, which
has some more sophisticated features. But then we would have to put up
with advertising or pay to stop it. And irritatingly, yahoo helpdesk has
never responded to repeated questions about this (in particular I am
concerned that we should not lose the archives now hosted on yahoo).

I should explain that! Currently the yahoo groups version of
sustran-discuss is just an archive or mirror of the JCA networks
majordomo listserv. Anyone who signs up via yahoo cannot post to the
list. To do so they would have to sign up with the jca majordomo list.
[BTW if you are in this position and want to move from the yahoo list to
the majordomo list then please email me for instructions.]

I would also welcome feedback on whether we should move to yahoo groups
(or some other hosting service). Perhaps email me privately off the list
so the list itself can return to discussing transport!  I will collate
the views and summarise for everyone.

In the meantime, please do send your transport-related news and views to
the list... Let's get sustran-discuss moving again as someone else said
recently!

All the best,

Paul