[sustran] China

info at carbusters.org info at carbusters.org
Tue Dec 23 21:37:11 JST 2003

Hi,
Reading the recent articles on the tightening of the Shanghai bike
ban, we here at Car Busters magazine thought that it would be
interesting to publish a story (or interview) about the current situation
in China regarding the increases in private car use.

Of course, this is quite general, as the situation in Beijing, for
example, is likely radically different than the one in Shanghai.  Still,
we were hoping that someone on this listserv might be able to direct
us towards people - NGO workers, activists, academics, etc. - who
we could correspond with and who could talk to us about some of the
issues around car ownership (e.g. bike use, urban development,
cultural/economic/historical shifts/influencing factors. etc.).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

happy new year,
Steven Logan
Co-Editor, Car Busters magazine

CAR BUSTERS
Kratka 26, 100 00 Prague 10, Czech Republic
tel: +(420) 274-810-849 - fax: +(420) 274-816-727
<info at carbusters.org> - <http://www.carbusters.org>

Car Busters Worldwide Contact Directory
Register your group on-line now:
<http://www.carbusters.org/directory>

Car Busters Resource Centre
Consume now! Order books, videos and more:
<http://www.carbusters.org/resources>