[sustran] Re: Fwd: CAR BUSTERS BULLETIN #49

Thomas Krag tk at thomaskrag.com
Sat Aug 2 18:01:17 JST 2003

Dear Carbusters,

I just sent you a donation amounting 160 USD
(https://secure.kagi.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/PQ.woa/wa/t?t=CH7P8ATH77H3ADHKD
).

I was rather surprised to find that in practice this meant that I had to pay
200 USD due to 25% VAT for Denmark (on only found out after I had pressed
the "confirm" button).

It is probably unavoidable that VAT has to be added for products like books
etc. It is, on the other hand, not necessary for donations. In my case I can
probably manage it as I am registered as a private company. But for others
it will be an unnecessary extra expenditure (or meaning that you get less).
I recommend you find out how to avoid this automatic VAT'ing for the
donations.

Best regards

Thomas Krag