[sustran] Re: Light Rail Energy Consumption

Alan P Howes howes at emirates.net.ae
Fri Nov 1 22:56:45 JST 2002

Hmm. Or it might be that Light Rail is the TRB's flavour of the month,
and anyway American's can't understand anything occurring on a global
scale unless they can see it in their backyard.

Excuse my cynicism - but I am still waiting for our (US) Light Rail
consultants to come up with an acceptable environmental analysis. They
seemed to find no problem at all in excluding power station emissions
from their calculations - reasons being (1) it is stationary and (20
they couldn't find any data either. Whither professionalism ...?

(Other possible reason - if they did a proper analysis, it might
favour buses, and preliminary design of a bus system doesn't generate
nearly as much in consultancy fees as does a rail system.)

On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:24:59 +1030, "Perkins, Alan (TSA)"
<Alan.Perkins at transport.sa.gov.au> wrote to

--
Alan Howes, Dubai, UAE (Otherwise Perthshire, Scotland)
alaninthegulf at yahoo.co.uk
Professional website   (Needs Updating!):
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/alanhowes/