[sustran] Re: Cycling in cities

Eric Bruun ericbruun at earthlink.net
Tue May 14 05:55:16 JST 2002

Why not have both? Dedicated infrastructure in some places creates a larger
number of bicyclists. When there is a larger number, more will also want to
be using the existing roads.

One more comment about the idea that there should be no separate lanes. This
is just not workable if we are trying to get kids in the habit of bicycling.
Parents won't let kids bicycle on large roads, but will let them use
dedicated paths.

Eric