[sustran] Re: marzo a escala humana

Carlos Cordero V. ccordero at amauta.rcp.net.pe
Thu Mar 28 01:55:56 JST 2002

Re: [sustran] marzo a escala humanaDear Sustraners,

First of all, sorry for sending a spanish text, happpens that Sustran List is in one of the mailing groups.
For those of you who does not have the pleasure to talk in Spanish, the information regarding Mexico D.F tells that there is no planned investment for cycleways from 2000 till 2006. The governemnt excluded this possibility even the environmental groups strongly opposed this kind of approach  to urban transport. At the same time the budget goes to elevated highways in a city with problems to breathe fresh air. Beyond the anecdote what we would like to stress that every year is more difficult to find a place for cyclist in cities since the investement pattern increase the phisical and social segreation in the city.

Regarding the Lord of the Rings and The Potter saga, We find similarities between two novels in the  way diversity plays a central role on both texts. World where others besides humans are important is what matters.

Regards,
Carlos Cordero Velasquez