[sustran] Re: Pity we didn't think of this earlier!

Alan P Howes howes at emirates.net.ae
Tue Mar 26 02:50:10 JST 2002

Funny, we've just been talking about traffic calming here! Not sure
whether Dubai would wear this one though - if I wanted to know what
Jordan looked like I would no doubt find the websites blocked!

Of course, it wouldn't stop women speeding - but they don't tend to
err in that particular direction ...

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:46:55 +0530, Debi Goenka <debi at beag.net> wrote
to Sustran <sustran-discuss at jca.ax.apc.org>:

>Saucy Jordan poster slows down traffic
>
>London, March 25
>
>A poster of busty model Jordan in a microbikini has gone on show at an
>English village roadside - to stop drivers speeding, The Sun reported.
>
>"Mick Madden came up with the idea after signs reading "Speed Kills" and
>"Slow Down And Save A Child" failed to put the brakes on motorists.
>
>"Now they are crawling through Brockholes, West Yorks, at a snail's pace so
>they can gawp at the poster of Jordan's famous 34FF speedbumps," Sun added.
>
>Mick has sent the 23-year-old model a thank you card signed by grateful
>residents. He told Sun: "Now Jordan's in place cars have been slowing down
>to ogle at her beautiful body. "Well, what redblooded male wouldn't?"
>
>Local campaigner Craig Bailey, 27, told The Sun: "Having Jordan at the
>roadside is a saucy idea, but it could save lives. I think the Government
>should adopt the scheme, putting posters of her across the country. It would
>make trips safer and more enjoyable."

>This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
>are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
>please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any
>unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
>e-mail is strictly forbidden.

>Debi Goenka
>Bombay Environmental Action Group
>
>e-mail: debi at beag.net /&\ debi at powersurfer.net
>

>Environmental Education Office
>
>Kalbadevi Municipal School
># 54, 2nd floor, Mumbai 400002
>
>Tel:91-22-2423126    Tfax:91-22-2426385
>

>Residence
>
>B 502 Glengate, Hiran Gardens
>Powai Mumbai 400076
>
>Tel:91-22-5700638   Tfax:91-22-5701459

Alan Howes, Dubai, UAE (Otherwise Perthshire, Scotland)
alaninthegulf at yahoo.co.uk
Professional website   (Needs Updating!):
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/alanhowes/