[sustran] Re: wb loan

Bina CBalakrishnan binac at rediffmail.com
Sun Mar 10 00:31:40 JST 2002

Dear Walter, Mr.Kisan Mehta:

I had read Mr Mehta's answers to Walter's queries dated 2nd March
on the World Bank aided MUTP for Mumbai and had not intended
commenting on them. However, in view of this latest note, and esp.
Walter's comments, I think it's time for some clarifications.

I am a Transportation Planner, and have done some work in this
field in Mumbai.

I had earlier sent my comments as a file attachment, but Paul
responded saying that the sustran-discuss list could not handle
file attachments. So I have redone the entire discussion in two
separate letters, which follow this one. I have had to retain all
of Mr. Mehta's comments, as only then does mine make any sense.
However, I have not responded to all of them, as that would REALLY
take up your time!  I have condensed Walter's questions to some
extent, for the sake of brevity.
This makes for rather cumbersome reading- but please bear with us!
Thank you.

Regards,

Bina C. Balakrishnan
Consultant,