[sustran] Re: URGENT GUJARAT

Paul Barter geobpa at nus.edu.sg
Mon Mar 4 08:09:19 JST 2002

Dear Deepika D'Souza at the India Centre for Human Rights and Law

I know the problem in Gujarat right now is a most urgent and important issue
and I wish you very well in your great work.

Unfortunately, the sustran-discuss list is the wrong forum in which to raise
it. I am sorry but I cannot make exceptions to this rule. The email
discussion list, sustran-discuss, has a very specific focus on transport
issues in the global South. If we allow other issues to be discussed here
then the list will become useless and of no interest to its members who came
here because of their interest in transport issues.

I have sent warnings about this to [huright at vsnl.com] before.

I am sorry if this seems harsh but I am removing you now from the
sustran-discuss list.  To get your message out more effectively I suggest
you become a member of email discussion lists that are more relevant to the
issues that you are working on.

If you ever wish to participate again in the transport-focused discussions
on sustran-discuss then please do rejoin the list. But then please stick to
transport-related issues.

Sincerely

Paul
sustran-discuss list manager