[sustran] successes and failures of privatization of city transport

Eric Britton ecoplan.adsl at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 5 02:30:33 JST 2002

Paris, Thursday, July 04, 2002

Dear Friends,

Just to let you know that there is a vigorous series of critical
exchanges that are going on with the broad contact of the World
Transport Policy and Practice list these days on the topic of successes
and failures of privatization of city transport operations, including in
but not at all limited to Britain.

As a result of the first round of these exchanges the editors of the
Journal have decided to open up the pages for a special edition to be
devoted to providing some much needed background and perspective on this
difficult topic.  We see this as a process, of which the first step is
this series of exchanges and proposals - for which we have set up a
special group which you are invited to join at
WorldTransport-Focus at yahoogroups.com.  To do this, all you have to do is
send a blank email to WorldTransport-Focus-subscribe at yahoogroups.com and
you are on.

With all good wishes,

The Electronic Edition is at http://wTransport.org

The Commons __ technology, economy, society__

Day phone: +331 4326 1323 Mobile: +336 8096 7879

24 hour Fax/Voicemail hotline: +1 888 677-4866

IP Videoconference: 81.65.50.63

Email: mail at wTransport.org or ecoplan.adsl at wanadoo.fr