[sustran] Re: TDM in Perth, WA - 14% car-driver trip reduction

Alan P Howes howes at emirates.net.ae
Fri Feb 22 21:08:02 JST 2002

I have now scanned the article on TravelSmart (from UK mag LTT) that I
referred to in a posting of Monday 18th, and sent it to all who
expressed interest. If I have missed anyone, or anyone else wants it,
please let me know.

Unsurprisingly, there is lots more info available on the initiative. I
don't know if the LTT article adds anything new - I haven't had time
to read everything!

More information at -

www.travelsmart.transport.wa.gov.au - project website
www.socialdata.com.au - consultant website

[Todd Litman] It is included in the "TDM Marketing"
(http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm23.htm) and "Success Stories"
(http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm71.htm) chapter of our Online
TDM Encyclopedia, which also include links to the project website.

[Alan Perkins, TSA] More information can be obtained on-line about
TravelSmart in Perth from a recent article in the current edition of
World Transport Policy and Practice Vol 7 No 4,
http://www.ecoplan.org/wtpp/    There is due to be a further article
describing both IndiMark and Travel Blending in the next edition.

[Kirk Bendall, Aus] fyi following the West Australian programs
success, Queensland and Victoria have started TravelSmart programs -
see:
http://www.sea.vic.gov.au/travelsmart/
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/travelsmart

--
Alan Howes, Dubai, UAE (Otherwise Perthshire, Scotland)
alaninthegulf at yahoo.co.uk
Professional website   (Needs Updating!):
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/alanhowes/