[sustran] Care to try another Transport list?

Alan P Howes howes at emirates.net.ae
Thu Feb 21 23:41:02 JST 2002

Can I encourage sustran-ers who are involved in Urban Public Transport
to consider joining the transit-prof group - without of course
diminishing their activity on sustran-discuss!

A variety of transit issues and news items are discussed by the group.
There is also sharing of transit planning and operational information.

The group has just over 100 members, mainly from the United States and
Canada, but also Australia, United Kingdom, Netherlands,  United Arab
Emirates, Malaysia, and several other countries.  Though it has
existed for several years, little has been done to promote it.
However, we are now having a membership drive!

To give a flavour, there are currently lively exchanges of views going
on about flexibly routed bus services, transport for the disabled, and
transit scheduling software.

If anyone would like to try it out, the link below will take you to a
signup page. It is very easy to unsubscribe, if you should decide that
it is not for you.