[sustran] Re: yet more on Denver thread

eric.britton at ecoplan.org eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Oct 31 18:52:12 JST 2001

Very good Matthias.  Two quick points en passant:

1. “..expansion into rail-based systems is an organic development.”
I am not at all sure that this is any longer the case (indeed if it ever
was).  It’s a long story that cannot, should not be compressed into an email
exchange, but it might be that we are now, for a while cluster of reasons,
at the ‘end of metros’.  Full conversation to follow another day.

2. “the main difficulty lies in bringing across a highly complex task to a
broad spectrum of people”.
You bet.  Now, one of the mechanisms that we have been working on for the
better part of a decade is these various Car Free Day exercises as pattern
break/public communications/consensus building drills. And while that may
not be immediately self-evident, a careful perusal (takes time though) of
our inefficient but rich www.carfreeday.com site and its extensions will
help make this clear.  (And in fairly short order I hope that our reshuffle
of this and all our other websites will make this a much less painful
exercise.)

And by the way, you write beautifully.  Very agreeable read.

All the best,
Eric

The @New Mobility Forum is permanently at http://newmobility.org
The Commons __ technology, economy, society__
Day phone: +331 4326 1323 Mobile: +336 80 96 78 79
24 hour Fax/Voicemail hotline: +331 5301 2896
IP Videoconference: Ils.austin.polycom.com  The Commons
Email: ecoplan.adsl at wanadoo.fr   URL www.ecoplan.org