[sustran] 'streetcar friendship' project between Kolkata and Melbourne

eric.britton at ecoplan.org eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Oct 31 17:40:25 JST 2001

Dear Friends,

Doubtless many of you already know about that terrific  Tramjatra 'streetcar
friendship' project between Kolkata and Melbourne, but if not here is
another reference for you:

http://www.indiainnewyork.com/india-news/mar2001/street.shtml

This is, as I see it, part of what I like to call a 'whole mind' or 'pattern
break' approach to our difficult challenge of sustainability cities.  And I
for one would like to see a lot more of these kind of things.

With all good wishes,

Eric Britton

The @New Mobility Forum is permanently at http://newmobility.org
The Commons __ technology, economy, society__
Day phone: +331 4326 1323 Mobile: +336 80 96 78 79
24 hour Fax/Voicemail hotline: +331 5301 2896
Email: ecoplan.adsl at wanadoo.fr   URL www.ecoplan.org
IP Videoconference: 192.168.1.102 The Commons