[sustran] Re: [[sustran] Ridership predictions, urban rail transit]

Kerry Wood kerry.wood at paradise.net.nz
Sun Oct 28 11:34:50 JST 2001

Dear Alan

So far as I remember, this report needs to be approached with caution.

I think one of the biases was to use the highest estimate of ridership, not the
one that was current at the time of  commitment to the scheme as it was built.

I also seem to remember that transit costs as presented were frigteningly high,
but in fact look tame when road transport costs are presented in the same way.

Kerry Wood