[sustran] More on Ridership predictions, urban rail transit

BruunB at aol.com BruunB at aol.com
Wed Oct 24 00:16:08 JST 2001

The Hudson-Bergen line is on the west side of the Hudson in New Jersey, right
across from Manhattan. By the way, ridership has changed substantially since
the
attack on the WTC.

I want to point out two other things:

1) There are some new rail systems that are well above official projections,
for example, Dallas and Saint Louis.
2) The concern that a line is not immediately near capacity is misplaced. Do
we want our airports or motorways to be near capacity right after opening?
No, we want reserve capacity, especially if we hope to attract develop along
the line.

Eric