[sustran] Fw: [sustran] Cycling in Pune and Mumbai

kisan mehta kisansbc at vsnl.com
Wed Oct 17 10:22:21 JST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: kisan mehta <kisansbc at vsnl.com>
To: Charlotte Ruth <rich_charlott50 at hotmail.com>;
<<rich_charlott50 at hotmail.com>>
Cc: <hjk at rincon.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2001 6:50 AM
Subject: [sustran] Cycling in Pune and Mumbai

> Dear Charlotte,
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply.    If you really wish to delve in the
> depths of problems of mobility inc. cycling, you have to decide to study
the
> South.  Studying on the West issues is like driving on the Turnpike,
Autobahn or Expressway at 140 km while working in the South is going in a
buggy on bumpy broken down passge which was once a makadam road. Researching
in the South gives one satisfaction of  a job of a lifetime.  Social, human,
equity in addition to technical aspects are involved.
Our colleagues are strong agitators for better public transport and cycling
in Pune and other cities.  Based in Mumbai
> we try to get intimate insight in Mumbai authorities supporting
> private car at the cost of other mode of traffic. You can rely on this
easily accessible resource.  Best wishes.