[sustran] Re: The next WBCSD Mobility study: "Some Cognitive Dissonance direct from Third World Cities"

pendakur pendakur at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu Nov 22 02:42:14 JST 2001

My reading of the report confirms that it is full of generalities that can
be argued in any way they wish.  In addition, I am unable to capture the
main thrust of this report.

I am also not sure as to what the next steps are.

Where can we take this to?  Who are the main proponents of this study in the
WB or other agencies?  Is this John Flora and company again?  Richard
Scurfield is back with this group as coordinator for urban transport and
this could be a good thing.  Richard is accessible and willing to listen.

Best wishes.  setty.

Dr. V. Setty Pendakur
Professor Emeritus (Planning) & Adjunct Professor,
University of British Columbia; and
President
Pacific Policy and Planning Associates
1099 Marinaside Crescent--#702
Vancouver, BC, Canada  V6Z 2Z3
Phone:1-604-263-3576; Fax:1-604-263-6493