[sustran] Re: More on Portland and metros

K Tsourlakis ktsou at tee.gr
Wed Nov 14 05:14:35 JST 2001

Other shortcoming of metros vs. buses is that the trip is less pleasant
(nothing to see inside the tunnels), the access is more difficult (stairs)
and the security concerns more serious (fire, criminality, terrorist acts -
remember Tokyo).
On the other hand metros may be used as bunkers (e.g. London in WWII), and
may be a very long term investment in periods of economic strength (would it
be possible e.g. to be built nowadays the Moscow metro?)