[sustran] Re: More on Portland and metros

Wendell Cox wcox at publicpurpose.com
Tue Nov 6 05:07:15 JST 2001

More on Portland to be published....

If you cant get people to jobs, you are not going to be able to get them
elsewhere. Getting them nhd to nhd without going through downtown is
crucial, and will not be achieved by anything less than a dense grid of
frequently operating services... 15 minute headways won't do if you want to
be auto competitive.

DEMOGRAPHIA & THE PUBLIC PURPOSE (Wendell Cox Consultancy)
http://www.demographia.com (Demographics & Land Use)
http://www.publicpurpose.com (Public Policy & Transport))
Telephone: +1.618.632.8507 - Facsimile: +1.810.821.8134
PO Box 841 - Belleville, IL 62222 USA