[sustran] Fw: rules, regulations and laws on bicycle

Thongchai Panswad tpanswad at tei.or.th
Mon Jul 9 13:00:45 JST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Thongchai Panswad
To: sustran-discuss at jca.ax.apc.org
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 8:54 AM
Subject: rules, regulations and laws on bicycle

dear Colleagues,
In the capacity of the President of Thailand Cycling Club (TCC), I am doing a research on rules, regulations and laws on bicycle uses in Thailand and as many  other countries as possible.  Cycling is still a long way for every-day safe uses in urban cities in Thailand.  TCC has been trying her best for the past 10 years to advocate this idea to the Thai public, politicians and the government.  But we need some kind of legal supports to make it more attractive to the people.  Can anybody help me on this matter of regulations, rules and laws in your countries, please?  Thank you.

Prof Thongchai PANSWAD
President
Thailand Environment Institute
210 Sukumvit 64