[sustran] Re: a bias against drivers? -- equity considerations?

Wendell Cox wcox at publicpurpose.com
Fri Jul 6 09:20:51 JST 2001

Your point is well taken. Let's get the numbers. In the non-Asian cities, at
least, the auto will generally exclude fewer than public transport does at
this point (that is my assumption). And, of course, we should provide for
those who are excluded... that's why I raised the issue of dial a ride
systems.

Also, not sure that there is a "shrinking majority" of people able to drive.
But this would all  be an interesting inquiry.....

DEMOGRAPHIA & THE PUBLIC PURPOSE (Wendell Cox Consultancy)
http://www.demographia.com (Demographics & Land Use)
http://www.publicpurpose.com (Public Policy & Transport))
Telephone: +1.618.632.8507 - Facsimile: +1.810.821.8134
PO Box 841 - Belleville, IL 62222 USA