[sustran] a bias against drivers?

eric.britton at ecoplan.org eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Jul 6 00:51:03 JST 2001

Dear Wendell and group,

Wendell, you have just written: "A not altogether unreasonable definition.
However, Todd Litman's last evaluation criteria indicates a bias against
drivers."

As an inveterate driver myself, as someone who really likes his old car and is
addicted to it as much as any other card carrying Republican and Yale graduate,
I nonetheless thought that the fat lady had already sung on that and that
indeed, if we are to move toward sustainability in our mobility patterns, then
we have to introduce, quite precisely, a "bias against drivers."  Or at the very
least something closer to a level playing field for the majority that is not or
should not be at the wheel.

Since that's more clearly the case, I can't understand why we are correcting the
diligent and most useful Mr. Litman.

Someone explain to my why I may be wrong on this.  I'm ready to read and think.

Eric Britton

The @New Mobility Forum is permanently at http://newmobility.org
The Commons ___Sustainable Development and Social Justice___
Eric.Britton at NewMobility.org    Tel: +331 4326 1323