[sustran] International Driving License: Nepal

Rajendra Aryal rajendra.aryal at undp.org
Fri Jan 12 19:16:54 JST 2001

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I am happy to inform you all that a initiative has been taken in Nepal by the
Senior Superintendent of Police for Kathmandu Metrololitan City, Mr. Kumar
Koirala to issueinternational driving license for the Nepalese citizens for the
first time in Nepal. As a transport guy, I had a very good and encouraging
discussion with him today afternoon.

In fact, this is a new initiative for our country and we feel that we need to
share and exchange a lot of information and experience from other parts of the
world. I would thus like to request all SUSTRAN members to share the experience
they have in this sector. It would also be useful if you could throw some light
on the existing system in your respective countries, which could be highly
beneficial for us here in Nepal, mainly the baisc aspects such as criteria for
application, test procedures, validity of the license, process of renewal,
acceptance in other countries, and of course a sample of the driving license if
possible (scanning could be done and sent as an attachment).

I would like to thank all the SUSTRAN members for their cooperation and support
in advance and hope that we will be able to get your knowledge and experience in
this context.

With warm regards.

Rajendra Aryal