[sustran] Information wanted: evidence of mobility impacts in developing world

P. Christopher Zegras czegras at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 14 06:23:57 JST 2001

Dear friends,

As part of a research initiative being undertaken here at MIT, I am looking
for recent data (city level) from the developing world and the so-called
transition economies in the following areas:

1. Mobility benefits - travel time savings, burden alleviation, etc. related
to various mobility interventions, whether it be motorization, improved public
transport service, improved bicycle facilities, etc. etc.

2. Air quality - levels and causes of pollution

3. Energy consumption - levels and causes by mode

4. Accidents

5. Congestion

6. Noise - levels and causes

7. Equity - distribution of benefits and negative impacts of mobility
interventions and mobility patterns

8. Other effects - land consumption, barrier effect, impacts on government
resources, etc.

9.  Innovative solutions in any stage of implementation to address these
impacts.

I am most keen on finding recent data and analysis, since much of this type of
information is often unpublished or not widely circulated.  Any leads, help,
resources would be most gratefully appreciated and the final information will
be made available to all collaborators.

Warmest regards,

Chris Zegras
MIT's Center for Environmental Initiatives
E40--468
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
Tel: 617 258 6084