[sustran] Earth Car Free Day and Bogotá II

ecopl at n.adsl eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Feb 1 00:29:04 JST 2001

>>I was a bit surprised you did not mention that Bogotá is having its
second Car-Free Day tomorrow... what happened?<<

Dear Mr.. Rojas,

Excellent question.  I should have mentioned it, but information on Bogotá
II is traceable through the Earth Car Free Day website at
www.carfreeday.com.

This year's event is entitled "Sin mi carro en Bogotá? Paragraph que la
democracia ruede", and the Spanish language site with full information on it
is at http://www.sinmicarroenbogota.com/

We have not worked with them directly on this - other than feeding them
information, ideas and ecnouragament - since they already have in hand the
great model that we all worked so hard to establish last year, and with such
great results.  I might also mention that as of the first of this month, a
new team came in with the new mayor, so they have not had a great deal of
time to organize the transittion.  I remain however optimistic that with all
their previous work, accomplishments, insights and local support, they are
going to do a fine job.  Stay tuned!

And by the way, do you have any good ideas for Earth Car Free Day in Leeds
and environs.

With all good wishes,

Eric Britton

ecopl at n___  technology, economy, society  ___
Eric.Britton at ecoplan.org     URL ecoplan.org
Day phone: +331 4326 1323 Mobile: +336 80 96 78 79
Voice/Videoconference/Data +331.4441.6340 (1-4)
24 hour Voicemail/Fax hotline: +331 5301 2896