[sustran] Air Pollution - Global & Serious

Gerry Hawkes ghawkes at sover.net
Wed Aug 15 20:23:29 JST 2001

Over the years I have been compiling forest health and air pollution observations and from time to time sharing them with you.  As you know, much of the pollution is produced by the transportation sector.  I have been most alarmed by what I have seen and by the information I have gathered.   Links to some of this information can be found by going to http://www.biketrack.com/pollution.htm

A number of people have recently asked who else was observing similar air pollution and forest health impacts, so I pulled together a Web page titled Air Pollution and Forest Health Notes from Other Places and put it up on the web at http://www.biketrack.com/air_pollution_notes_from_other_places.htm .  This is the first time I have tried to assemble an overview of notes onto one Web page and when it all came together, even I was shocked by how pervasive and serious air pollution is globally.

Please take a close look at the site and forward the address on to anyone else who may be even the least bit interested.  Nothing I can say will properly convey the urgent need for global action.

 If you have any information or ideas you would like to share, please let me know.

Thanks,

Gerry Hawkes
Eco Systems, Inc. & Bike Track, Inc.
Woodstock, Vermont, USA