[sustran] More on UNEP, electric bicycles?

Eric Bruun ebruun at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Apr 25 03:22:32 JST 2001

It is a tricky issue, that is for sure. It can not be separated from the
issue of poor public transport. Is it any wonder than people buy mopeds
and scooters when the public transport is slow, crowded, and unreliable?
The massive use of them is inevitable if incomes grow but public transport
deteriorates due to ever worsening congestion.

Eric Bruun