[sustran] Special Journal issue: Walk to School

ecopl at n.adsl eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Sep 29 21:00:15 JST 2000

This is to let you know that we have just this week taken the first steps
with a fine and fast growing group of international collaborators to prepare
a Special Issue of the Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice  for
the second half of 2001 on the, we think timely and important, topic of
"Walk to School".

You will find full details on this project on our Children on the Move! site
at http://ecoplan.org/children, as well as a short announcement in the
Future Editions section of the electronic edition of the Journal itself (at
http://www.ecoplan.org/wtpp).

We invite you to have a look, and of course to share with us your ideas and
suggestions for this cooperative effort.  Does it touch on anything which is
of direct interest to you and your collaborators?  Might you somehow wish to
get involved in some aspect of the project?  Do you have anything on line or
planned for which some aspects of the project or the Journal might be of
direct use?

A high priority concern at this point is to extend coverage to the
non-English language world.  We are aware that there are some great and
interesting things gong on along these lines in other language areas and
countries, and we really need to make sure that we get full and fair
coverage of these. But for this we are going to need help.

So have a look and do let us know what you think.  And should you have any
ideas for a Special or Joint Edition on some other topic, let us know about
that too.

With kind regards,

Eric Britton

ecopl at n ___  technology, economy, society  ___
Eric.Britton at ecoplan.org     URL www.ecoplan.org
Telephone +331 4326 1323
Voice/Videoconference +331.4441.6340 (1-4)
Fax + Voicemail: +1 888 522 6419 (toll free)