[sustran] Re: Fatima Mansions

Alan P Howes howesap at saptco.com.sa
Thu Sep 21 16:38:04 JST 2000

Well, thanks for a scholarly and interesting reply, Pascal - I trust the
other Sustran-ers don't mind it being just slightly off topic!

Sounds to be an excellent name for the band in question - must look out for
their stuff. I'd heard of this shrine in Portugal - but of course Fatima is
also a common name in this neck of the woods. The Prophet Mohammed had a
daughter Fatimah - married Ali, the Caliph who is followed by the Shia'.
(CMIIW)

And as for "The obedience of the citizens is the happiness of the city",
that really ought to be the motto for Riyadh - or any other city in the
Magic Kingdom. Has no-one ever suggested to Dublin Corp that it is a tad
1984-ish? How about "The city is devoted to the happiness of the citizens"?

howesap at saptco.com.sa
Alan Howes, Special Advisor, Saudi Public Transport Company, Riyadh
+966 1 454 5000 ext. 156
Personal email: alanhowes at usaksa.com