[sustran] Re: Quote - and Help Wanted (Indonesia)

SUSTRAN Resource Centre sustran at po.jaring.my
Wed Sep 20 19:33:55 JST 2000

At 12:01 20/09/00 +0300, Alan Howes wrote:
>BTW, I may well be doing some work in the heart of SUSTRAN territory
>shortly. Sorting out buses in Malang, Java, starting November. About 8
>weeks, but yet to be confirmed. I've dug through the Sustran archive, but
>would welcome any other offers of advice (Paul?). For a start, what is an
>ocek? (Not mentioned in Lonely Planet!) Oops! Found it. Motorbike-taxi. But
>there must be plenty else I need to learn.

You will have found some contacts to try emailing in the archive I guess. I
hope some of the Indonesian lurkers on this list may contact you too. Let
me know if you draw a blank and I can suggest a few good people to talk to.

By the way, the older archives of sustran-discuss may be helpful too (if
you haven't looked already). I recall some discussions on the becaks
(pedicabs) and the minibus and microbus situation in Indonesia.

Here is how to get old archives (including those between 1996 and late
1999, when I set up the egroups archive):

FIRST GET A LIST of all the messages in the archive by sending an e-mail to
<majordomo at jca.ax.apc.org> (NOT to the list address!!!!)
with the following in the body of the message:
get sustran-discuss INDEX
end

Please note that INDEX must be in upper case. A file named "INDEX" will
then be
sent to you. It contains brief information on all messages in the archive
(date, sender, subject, and sequence number) so that you can choose which
ones you want.

TO GET A COPY of particular messages in the archive:
Send an e-mail to <majordomo at jca.ax.apc.org> (NOT to the list address!!!!)
with the following in the body of the message:
get sustran-discuss <the number of the message you want>
end

For example if you want to get messages numbered 41 and 42 you would send :
get sustran-discuss 41
get sustran-discuss 42
end

The messages will automatically be sent to you.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Paul BARTER
(aka  A. Rahman Paul Barter)
SUSTRAN Resource Centre
P.O. Box 11501,  50748 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
sustran at po.jaring.my

Information services for the Sustainable Transport Action Network
for Asia and the Pacific (the SUSTRAN Network)
http://www.malaysiakini.com/sustran
http://www.geocities.com/sustrannet