[sustran] Re: Quote - and Help Wanted (Indonesia)

Alan P Howes howesap at saptco.com.sa
Wed Sep 20 18:01:19 JST 2000

Fatima Mansions? Who They?

Anyway, I will try to dig out my Jonathon Ross quote that I used to put in
my sig in the good old days of Usenet. (Access to which I am now denied -
and anyway it's got rather flaky.)

Something like "No man should be allowed behind the wheel of a car until he
is old enough to appreciate a fine cigar, a glass of port, and the company
of a woman who does not look like Pamela Anderson". (I _have_ heard of her.)
In fact, I think that's pretty close to the original. Class of alcohol may
be wrong.

BTW, I may well be doing some work in the heart of SUSTRAN territory
shortly. Sorting out buses in Malang, Java, starting November. About 8
weeks, but yet to be confirmed. I've dug through the Sustran archive, but
would welcome any other offers of advice (Paul?). For a start, what is an
ocek? (Not mentioned in Lonely Planet!) Oops! Found it. Motorbike-taxi. But
there must be plenty else I need to learn.

Cheers, Alan.