[sustran] Re: [sustran] Fuel Prices

Alan P Howes howesap at saptco.com.sa
Thu Sep 14 15:13:00 JST 2000

That's cheap!

Presumably, there must be a website with International fuel price
comparisons. But here goes with a few:

Saudi Arabia, Gasoline (Benzine);     $0.24/l (That's three times the price
of six years ago.)
Saudi Arabia, Diesel;                            $0.10/l

UK, Gasoline;                                         $1.20/l
UK, Diesel                                               Just a little below
the price for Gasoline

USA, Gasoline;                                        $0.46/l (CMIIW)

By my calculations, the current price of crude is $0.16/l. I don't know how
much gasoline, or diesel, you get from a litre of crude - but it looks like
some people are getting fuel at less than the cost when it comes out of the
ground. (Although crude prices aren't exactly that, are they?)

Supplementary: What is the capacity of a standard barrel of crude - is it 45
Imperial (UK) gallons, 55 US gallons, or 200 litres?

And I take it you have all heard about the UK fuel price protests (now
ceased).

Cheers, Alan.

howesap at saptco.com.sa
Alan Howes, Special Advisor, Saudi Public Transport Company, Riyadh
+966 1 454 5000 ext. 156
Personal email: alanhowes at usaksa.com