[sustran] World Bank Transport Statedgy

Car Busters carbusters at ecn.cz
Wed Oct 18 21:24:06 JST 2000

Dear All,

Transport Stratedgy review, calling people to visit their website and make a
few suggestions about not privatising public transport, and switching
investment from large infrastructure projects to infrastructure for
pedestrains, cyclists and non-motorised transport, Car Busters Received this
reply:

Hello everyone -- We (Ciudad Viva, Santiago Chile) have been invited to
participate in the Latin American part of this process, which is early next
month. I will be speaking on one of the panels and we will have two
representatives at the whole meeting. So all input, suggestions, ideas,
perspectives that can enrich ours will be very much appreciated. Our own
presentation will be based on our Citizens' Transportation Agenda, which has
developed very well (we had a good e-debate in August, and are now preparing
a public forum which looks likely to be very successful for November 8th).
Best, Lake
---
If you have any information that can help Cuidad Viva to steer the World
Bank in the right direction, please resond to sagaris at lake.cl
Thanks
The Carbies