[sustran] Re: [sustran] Suggestion welcome : Automobile Use in Chinese Cities

ganant at vsnl.com ganant at vsnl.com
Mon Nov 6 14:01:41 JST 2000

Chennai, India is in a similar state, with a vehicle population of 1.2 million. Over 30 per cent of all trips are made in this city using bicycles or on foot, though this percentage is decreasing.  It would be interesting to read about the Chinese experience. Could I have a copy of your paper/s, dealing with bicycle based mobility and the growth of motorised transport.

Many thanks

G.Ananthakrishnan
journalist