[sustran] Re: integration of public transport thoughts

Bayk Aksyon bayk at quickweb.com.ph
Tue May 23 22:26:23 JST 2000

Eric,

Yes, I'd like a copy, too. We were just talking to a World Bank suit who
said that the Bogotá carless day was a mixed deal, meaning I take it that it
was both good and bad. He said that people who didn't ride bikes just stayed
at home. It (your report) would help us think about our own transport
options. The WB is granting a loan to Metro Manila to improve pedestrian
facilities, access to
the MRT stations and drainage facilities. Some of these might be good and
others just window dressing. We've been asked to participate in this
endeavor in order to "guarantee citizen participation and action and ensure
success."  We are now trying to define how to do that.
By the way, I am planning to be in Paris (never been there) after Velo
Mondiale in Amsterdam and plan to take you up on your offer.

Ramon Fernan III
Bayk Aksyon